August 17, 2017

RPGaDay Question #17


Question #17: Which RPG have you owned the longest but not played?

I suppose I can count myself lucky in that many of the RPGs that I've got the books for (especially the physical ones), I've managed to get onto the table at least once, be it as a player or a GM.

The one major exception that I've had the longest is probably the original Blue Rose RPG by Green Ronin, published under their True20 system way back in the day.  I always liked the setting, but at the time I just could never get a group together to play a high fantasy game that didn't revolve primarily around slaying monsters and looting dungeons.  I did pick up the AGE version courtesy of the Kickstarter, but that was more to support the idea of the game (which I fully support) than with any notion that I'd ever get it on the table.

Another RPG, one that exists in PDF format only, that I've had for a while and never played was Katanas & Trenchcoats, which initially started as more of a tongue-in-cheek joke about 90's style overly dramatic role-playing (World of Over-Bearing Angst, anyone?) using Highlander-style Immortals as the PCs.

There's also Mouseguard, with a co-worker gave me the core rulebook to as he was never going to get a chance to play it, and I'd expressed an interest in the game.  I then promptly forgot all about it, though I'm sure said corebook is still floating around my home somewhere (likely packed into a storage bin with other RPG books that I've not used in several years).

But yeah, the winner for "longest owned but never played" would have to be Blue Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment